Pihlajasaari Saunas, Helsinki
There’re two sauna’s which are rented by the City of Helsinki
- An electrically heated sauna for 6 people.
- The sauna bathing area has separate dressing, toilet, shower and sauna buildings. We recommend wearing a towel or a bathing suit when staying outdoors in the area.
- Price €60 / 2 hours
- Booking from Tuesday to Sunday from 14.00 to 20.00
- The sauna is closed on Mondays
- No swimming possibility
Wood-heated self-service sauna (Rantasauna)
- The sauna accommodates a maximum of 7 persons
- Can be booked from 15.00 to 21.00.
- Minimum booking time 3 hours/€153 (€51/hour)
- The customer heats the sauna within the time booked.
- Wood supplied in sauna, running water, no shower, hot water from pot, small dressing room, swimming possibility
- The sauna has electricity
You could say that the whole Pihlajasaari is one big beach. The shallow sandy beach, close to the dock in northern part of the island, is perfect for families with children and those who prefer sandy beaches. The beach is about 500 meters long. There’s a kiosk and a playground for the children on the beach. Toilets and showers nearby. The rest of the shore is quite rocky, but swimming is possible almost everywhere. On eastern (separate) island there’s a naturist beach. There is a regular boat service to the island: https://www.pihlajasaari.net/how-to-get-there/